Sunday, October 13, 2013

Emergency Preparedness

Since it was the 5th Sunday lesson, we had combined RS and Priesthood. Our bishop decided to talk about emergency preparedness. One of the things that he did was show what he and his wife have in their 72-hour kits. The list that they gave us included radio, space blanket, solar/winding flashlight... none of which we own. 

So on our way home I said to Sam: I think we should put put together a 72-hour kit soon. 

I love how diligent my husband is: "I think we should do a 144-hour kit!" 

I thought to myself... You want more food?...

Yes. 

I think they say "72 hours" because after 3 days then most people are able to get where they need to go or other help arrives.

"Yeah, but I want to be luxurious... I want 2 bags of craisins in case I eat the first one too fast."

Oh, how I love my husband! He makes me laugh! :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment